Join Facebook and Microsoft engineers for an overnight hackathon on January 17th. Learn how to integrate Facebook login and Facebook platform APIs into your Windows and Windows Phone apps.
Why you should attend:
- Learn how to build apps for Windows and Windows Phone
- Learn how to integrate Facebook Login and Sharing into your Windows and Windows Phone apps
- Come ready to hack with Microsoft and Facebook engineers!
- There will be food, drinks, and prizes
Who should attend:
- This is a technical event and best suited for Windows and Windows Phone developers
- 6:00 - 6:30PM: Check in and registration at Building 15
- 6:30 - 6:45PM: Welcome and Intro to Facebook Platform
- 6:45 - 7:30PM: Overview of Facebook Login for Windows
- 7:30 - 8:30PM: Intro to Developing for Windows and Windows Phone
- 8:30pm, Friday 17th - 2:00PM, Sat 18th: Hack with food and drinks and support from our engineers
- 2:00pm - 4:00PM: Presentations from participants with prizes
Don't miss this chance to learn how to build Windows and Windows Phone apps and connect them with Facebook's 819 million mobile active users!
Since you will be developing Windows Store and Windows Phone apps during the hackathon, you will need an appropriate development environment. For Windows Store apps, you will need:
1. Windows 8 or 8.1 and Visual Studio Express or greater. You can download Visual Studio Express for Windows 8 here or for Windows 8.1 here. Make sure to select Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows and not the one which says Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop.
2. To build Windows Phone 8 applications, you can download Visual Studio Exprss for Windows Phone 8 here . Select the option that says Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Phone. Make sure your machine is capable of running the Windows Phone emulator. The requirements for running the Windows Phone emulator are listed here